Chocolate Chicken…What About The Crazy Name?
It all began back in 1983, when the original owners, two Egg Harbor farmers, decided to open a Fudge and Chocolate shop. Neither had any retail experience, but both loved fudge and chocolates. They simply wanted to share their passion for homemade hand-paddled fudge and chocolate treats, not only with family and friends, but with the growing number of visitors coming to Door County. The best way to accomplish this was by opening the first fudge and chocolate shop in downtown Egg Harbor.
How Did They Come Up With the Name…Chocolate Chicken?
These two farmers, described by locals as very charismatic fun-seeking characters, decided to partake in a pre-opening celebration with friends; everyone was excited about a new confectionery in Egg Harbor. During a very long night of festivities, plenty of food and drink was exchanged, along with endless stories and jokes. Numerous new names for the candy shop were shared.
We know that the original owners:
- Loved fudge and chocolates
- Raised chickens
- Wanted their candy shop name to be unique, conjure up a joyful image, and become a part of Egg Harbor history
- Owned an Egg Harbor farm with apple and cherry orchards located on the ridge overlooking Egg Harbor Village (their farmland has since been developed into vacation homes and condos known as Apple Ridge, Eames Farm, Harbor Vista, and Newport Resort)
Thus, the name Chocolate Chicken was officially chosen! Their legacy has successfully continued as a very familiar landmark in Egg Harbor and Door County for over 30 years!
>> Get 10% off on your next visit to Chocolate Chicken by downloading Chocolate Chicken Brochure
From Quaint Fudge Shop to Coffee House!
We are very proud of Chocolate Chicken’s success. Since its humble beginnings in 1983, this little confectionery store has grown considerably.
- FREE SAMPLES - Every day we happily encourage free sampling of all our Fudge including chocolate fudge and chocolate peanut butter fudge, gourmet Coffee, our creamy house Ice Cream recipe, as well as other Made in Door County treats.
- LARGE SELECTION - our best fudge recipe, gourmet chocolates including over 20 variety of chocolate truffles
- HOMEMADE ICE CREAM RECIPE - 10 creamy Ice Cream flavors served in a freshly made Waffle Cone, sugar cone, in a dish or old-fashioned Milk Shake, Malt or Float.
- CHOCOLATE CHICKEN COFFEE - a wide variety of flavored coffee, organic coffee, fair trade coffee, Italian Espresso. Choose your roast from Light to Dark Roast coffee; your grind from drip to Whole Bean Coffee (including Espresso Beans); your temperature from hot to our amazing homemade Ice Coffee recipe.
- CHICKACINNO - Enjoy our cool and creamy iced Espresso specialty drink including Chocolate Mocha Coffee, our best seller.
- PASTRIES - Served fresh daily our blueberry muffin recipe as well as others, Jumbo Cookies and more.
- FREE WI-FI - We invite you to hang out, kick back and relax; Wi Fi available to customers