A beautiful four seasons retreat and escape from the usual hum-drum of life back home. Come for the day, stay the weekend, enjoy an entire week or two, hang out for a month or longer during your favorite time of year.
You don’t need a reason to come here…but many visitors claim Egg Harbor to be their favorite Door County destination for: rest & relaxation, family vacations, couples escape, girls or guys getaway, sporting adventures, religious gatherings, anniversaries, family reunions, birthdays, weddings, local festivals, company events, or any celebrations of life.
Voted Best & Coolest Small Town in Wisconsin and America
If just passing through Egg Harbor for the first time, perhaps your curiosity will find you stopping long enough to take a leisurely stroll through the “Best Small Town in Wisconsin” (Wisconsin Trails Magazine). After all, it would be a shame to leave Door County without visiting one of the “Top Ten Coolest Small Towns in America” (Budget Travel Magazine).
Welcome Back Returning Visitors
It’s always a pleasure to see familiar faces in Egg Harbor. Many folks prefer to spend family vacations in or near Egg Harbor due to its central location within Door County. And once they’ve discovered the charm and beauty of the village of Egg Harbor, they make it a point to simply enjoy the Best of Door County by returning year after year.
Perhaps you’ll fall in love with Egg Harbor, choose to become a member of the community and make the Village your home. There are plenty of opportunities to own a piece of Egg Harbor by investing in a condo or home as your full or part-time residence. Don’t procrastinate too long; life’s too short.
Where is Egg Harbor WI?
Distance from Midwest cities… to Chocolate Chicken
- 250 miles from Chicago IL
- 60 miles from Green Bay WI
- 440 miles from Indianapolis IN
- 175 miles from Milwaukee WI
- 201 miles from Madison WI
- 345 miles from Minneapolis/St Paul MN
- 378 miles from Quad Cites IA
Distance from Door County communities …to Chocolate Chicken
- 9 miles west of Baileys Harbor
- 7 miles south of Fish Creek
- 11 miles south of Ephraim
- 12 miles north of Sturgeon Bay
- 15 miles south of Sister Bay
- 21 miles south of Ellison Bay
FUN FACT - Did you know that the mid-point between the Equator & the North Pole runs through Egg Harbor?
At a wayside along Hwy 42, heading north to Egg Harbor from Carlsville, look for a county wayside picnic area where you will find a boulder marking the position of the 45th Parallel in Door County, WI.
A Few Favorites according to Egg Harbor WI Visitors:
- Chocolate Chicken…YUM! Delicious Coffee & Espresso, lip smacking Ice Cream, fabulous Fudge, decadent Chocolates, Truffles & "Made in Door County" Jams, Salsas, Sauces, Toppings and more! Take advantage of our Free Samples during your next visit to Egg Harbor.
- Egg Harbor View Park & Marina – Located in the heart of our quaint village. Grab a park bench, pinic table and of course a refreshment, sweet treat or quick snack, from the Chocolate Chicken. Relax and enjoy the picturesque serene vistas and sunsets of Egg Harbor and Green Bay waters.
- Egg Harbor Concerts in the Park (next to Chocolate Chicken): Free Concerts every Thursday: June-Aug.
- Pumpkin Patch Festival - Best & largest Fall Colors Celebration in Door County WI every October
- Shipwrecked Brewery Restaurant and Inn – Fantastic local brew pub in downtown Egg Harbor across from Chocolate Chicken
- Landmark Resort - Voted Best Lodge in Door County & Voted Best Resort for a Wedding, Banquet or Meeting, only 1 1/2 miles from Chocolate Chicken. As a Landmark Guest you will receive 10% Chocolate Chicken Loyalty Discount, every time you visit us during your stay. Simply show Chocolate Chicken cashier your Landmark guest room key card at time of purchase to receive 10% discount.
What To Do in Egg Harbor
Beaches & Parks
overlooking the pristine waters of Green Bay:
- Egg Harbor Village Beach
- Door County Murphy Park
- Egg Harbor View Park
- Egg Harbor Marina & Docks
Pick up a map of short village Recreation Trail at Egg Harbor Visitor Center or pick up Door County road map to create your own back roads biking or jogging route:
- 8 miles north to Fish Creek / Peninsula State Park
- 12 miles east to Baileys Harbor
- 15 miles south to Sturgeon Bay
- 15 miles southeast to Whitefish Dunes State Park & Ridges Sanctuary
Bakery, Breads, Cheese, Specialty Markets… here’s a sampling
- Chocolate Chicken - Free Samples - Made in Door County creations
- Fat Louie’s Olive Oil Shop
- MacReady Artisan Bread
- Made in Britain
- Schoolhouse Artisan Cheese
Dine in or out, or Grab n Go. Select from many Egg Harbor: bistro, deli, grill, restaurants microbrewery / pubs, offering Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Sweet Treats: BBQ, French, German, Italian, Mexican, Pizza, Spanish, Swiss, Vegetarian …plus more. All offering special Door County favorites creations and delights. And for delicious Coffee & Espresso, scrumptious Pastries, lip smacking Ice Cream, fabulous Fudge, Chocolates, Truffles & more. Chocolate Chicken, an Egg Harbor & Door County tradition for over thirty years!
Egg Harbor Festivals:
- May - Egg Harbor Memorial Day Parade
- June - Season of Blossoms in Egg Harbor & throughout Door County
- July - Egg Harbor 4th of July Celebration with Fireworks & Parade
- August - Door County Sports & Classic Car Show - Egg Harbor View Park
- September - Egg Harbor Ale Fest: 100 samplings / 40 different breweries
- October - Egg Harbor Pumpkin Patch Festival
- November - Egg Harbor Holly Fest: old-fashion family fun Thanksgiving weekend
- January 1st - Egg Harbor New Year’s Day Parade – Lake Michigan Polar Plunge
Four local golf courses for any level of expertise or budget:
- Alpine Resort & 36-hole Golf Course is nestled between shoreline & bluff with Hole 9 rated Most Scenic Hole in Wisconsin
- Horseshoe Bay 18-hole Golf Club winds its way through old apple orchards and boasts a One-of-a-Kind Private Club Membership
- The Orchards 18-hole Country Golf Course, mature hardwoods, orchards and rolling meadows which are highlighted by a 5-acre lake
- Stonehedge 9-hole Golf Course if reasonably priced & perfect for family fun
Hiking / Walking
Self-Guided or Guided Trails to Enjoy Nature & Wildlife in Door County:
- Egg Harbor Historic Walking Tour - pick up a map at Egg Harbor Visitor Center
- Egg Harbor Art Trail - pick up a map of walkable trail to view unique permanent artwork specifically designed for the beautification of the Village of Egg Harbor
- Five Wisconsin State Park Trail Systems within 20 mile radius of Egg Harbor
- Ahnapee State Trail - 46 miles of former railroad grade in southern Door County runs from Sturgeon Bay to Kewaunee and is suitable for biking, hiking, snowmobiling and horses
Kids Fun & Education
- Egg Harbor Fun Park
- Plum Loco Animal Farm
- The Farm
- Hands On Art Studio
All outdoor venues in Egg Harbor:
- Egg Harbor View Park / next to Chocolate Chicken - a sponsor for the Free Sunset Concerts 5pm Thursdays mid-June thru August
- Peg Egan PAC - Free Sunset Concerts 7pm Sundays mid-June thru mid-Aug
- Birch Creek Music Center – 8pm Performances – mid-June thru mid-Aug with a few Free afternoon concerts
Orchards & Farmers Markets
Apple / Cherry orchards offer Pick-Your-Own:
- Hyline Orchard Fish Creek WI
- Koepsel’s Farm Market Bailey’s Harbor WI
- Lautenbach’s Orchard Country Market Fish Creek WI
- Sammi Rae's Homemade Egg Harbor WI
- Schartner’s Farm Market Egg Harbor WI
- Wood Orchard Market Egg Harbor WI
Other Fun Activities:
Go Karts, Horseback Rides, Mopeds, Scenic Airplane Rides, Segways, Zip Lines, Miniature Golf Courses, Hot Air Balloon Rides. Check out Egg Harbor Fun Park
Visit over 100 unique quaint shops in Egg Harbor including:
- Blacksmith Clothing Company near Chocolate Chicken
- Kim's Boutique
- Maxwell’s House
- Signature Pieces
Scenic, Orchard, Vineyard, Lighthouse, Culinary, Haunted/Ghost, Winter Wonderland
Egg Harbor Marina & Docks, Egg Harbor View Park Boating, Sailing, Canoeing, Ferry Boat Rides, Fishing, Kayaking, Jet Skiing, Paddle boarding, Parasailing, Rafting, Sport Fishing, Windsurfing, Shell Scavenging
Check out these additional sources for Things To Do and Places to Stay in Egg Harbor:
- Egg Harbor Visitors Bureau www.eggharbordoorcounty.org
- Door County Visitors Bureau www.doorcounty.com
Visit Chocolate Chicken Cafe: 7821 Horeshoe Bay Rd / Egg Harbor, WI 54209
- Ask us about local info, get free: newspapers, magazines, brochures, maps...etc
- We are happy to provide popular recommendations of our customers & staff
- Always Free Wi Fi available to all customers of Chocolate Chicken